Host an experience in your home
free to feed experiences are a unique way of celebrating your special event with friends and family within your own home. Host a unique cooking experience, preparing authentic, traditional dishes from your chef’s home country before sitting down to enjoy a meal together. You’ll learn about your chef’s rich cultural heritage, personal journey, and the delicious selection of food.
It is a 2 hour cooking experience followed by a generous meal, and the meal typically involves 6-8 dishes. We like to turn up 1 hour before the start time to unpack and setup.
You can host it in your home in the Melbourne metropolitan area, or we can travel outside this area for a little cost. Alternatively we can hold it at the free to feed HQ in Thornbury.
Your experience is suitable for up to 12 people, but if you would like to invite a few more friends and family to share a meal just let us know!
- We bring everything we need to for your experience, even the aprons!
- All of the specialty ingredients.
- All of the farmers’ market produce.
- All of our own cooking equipment.
- Traditional music from the chef’s country.
- A chef and a facilitator from free to feed.
- Enough crockery, cutlery, glassware and serving dishes for your group.
- Kitchen, and kitchen table.
- Friends and family to share your experience with.
The experience is suitable for groups of up to 12 people and costs $80 per person, and a minimum charge of $800. Also, it’s $40 per person if you want to share the main meal with friends.
We can also supply matched wines, curated by our featured winery, and a kitchen hand to tidy up after the meal for an extra cost.
We want to make sure that your preferred instructor ( and cuisine) is available on the night of your gathering so please send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org to book a home gathering. Once your date is confirmed you will be directed to our home booking page.